Our Equality Objectives
Our children, families and staff are drawn from a rich variety of social backgrounds, family structures, ethnic groups and religions. The Brindishe Schools value the right of each person to respect and recognise individual differences.
We actively work to ensure that all adults and children are given every opportunity to achieve, to recognise their own worth and to play an important part in our community. We place the promotion of equality of opportunity at the heart of all our work.
Our Equality Objectives are to:
The Brindishe New Curriculum and pedagogy ensures that:
- The Pupil Progress meetings drive provision and secure inclusion.
- The emotional, mental and physical health and well-being of each learner is made central to our planning & pedagogy.
- We extend, embed and share beyond our schools our ‘Educate and Celebrate curriculum’
- We model and teach children that ‘there is more that unites us than divides us.’
- We broaden (our own and) children’s understanding of faith, culture, custom and context through sharing and celebrating our communities and cultures.
The Brindishe Staff, Teams, Community & Connections work together to:
- Encourage difference, diversity and pride in one’s own identity.
- Ensure all parents and carers are aware of how they can access information about and contribute to their child’s learning and progress.
- Extend, celebrate and share our diversity and differences and be fully inclusive within and across our local community.
- Collaborate with outside agencies and the wider community to support our families and young people.
The Brindishe Horizons:
- Improve the ways we communicate with and to our community about why we do what we do, by reaching out to all our parents and carers and ensuring that information is up to date and easily accessible for everyone.